Marianjoy has consistently promoted and supported its staff in continued research in the field of physical medicine and rehabilitation. Many of these accomplishments have resulted in published papers and national presentations and have contributed to the rehabilitation industry as a whole.
Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital firmly believes that the development of scholarly and applied research will improve the rehabilitation health care protocols of the future. In the Marianjoy culture of respect for each individual, our research teams work with integrity to pursue research excellence. In order to be good stewards of the knowledge we gain, we openly share what we have learned.
Using Your Library to do Medical Research
Not sure how to begin your research project? Try these basic steps and tips on library research to help you get you started...More>>>
- Choose a Topic
- Ask Your Librarian to do a Review of the Literature
- Find Books
- Find Journal Articles
- Citation Styles and Bibliographies
What is Medical Research
- Understanding Medical Research
National Library of Medicine, MedlinePlus
- Distinguishing Scholarly Journals from Other Periodicals
Cornell University Library
Distinguish between Popular and Scholarly Journals
University of California
Constructing your Research Paper
Understanding Primary vs. Secondary Information Sources
- Distinguish Between Primary and Secondary Sources
University of California
Information Sources: Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary Sources, and Gray literature
Florida Gulf Coast University Library Services
This is a great chart that compares primary, secondary, and tertiary sources, along with "gray literature"
- Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Sources in the Health Sciences
University of Minnesota
Are you ready to publish, the following articles and Web sites have been selected to help you with writing and publishing for the Biomedical publications:
- Publication Practices and Responsible Authorship The Office of Research Integrity (ORI) at Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
- Responsible Conduct of Research: Responsible Authorship and Peer Review Columbia Center for New Media Teaching & Learning (CCNMTL) in collaboration with the Columbia University Office
- Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals: Writing and Editing for Biomedical Publications International Committee of Medical Journal Editors
- Ethical Considerations in the Conduct and Reporting of Research: Authorship and Contributorship
- Credit where credit is due
- Defining Authorship for Group Studies
- The Integrity of Authorship
- Student-Faculty Co-Authorship
Instructions and Guidelines for Submitting Articles for Specific Journals
- American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- PM&R: The Journal of Injury, Function and Rehabilitation
- JAMA Instructions for Authors
- Research Symposiums
Each year we hold the Marianjoy Research Symposium where the previous year’s papers and posters are presented.
- Posters and Presentations
Research platform presentations and posters presented by Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital and Clinics’ staff at the national and regional association conferences.
To learn more about research activities conducted at Marianjoy, please contact Dr. Kathleen Ruroede, Vice President for Research and Quality, at (630) 909-7142.